- The contest is open to persons 18 years and above.
- No members of ILRAJ are permitted to participate.
- Theme of all songs must be about the rule of law, justice and human rights. The Judges are the sole determinant of whether songs meet this criterion.
- Song may be in English or any Sierra Leonean language.
- All songs must be original.
- Contestants must be amateur singers or entertainers. Contestants must not have any albums of any kind out in public.
- Entries for the contest must be received on the whatsapp number provided by November 5th at 12 midnight. Anyone submitting after this date WILL NOT be allowed to compete.
- ILRAJ reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the competition. All personal details and information requested by ILRAJ by each contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. ILRAJ reserves the discretion to investigate and disqualify any contestant, should the contestant at any stage of the event supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the contestant be ineligible for the competition pursuant to these rules.
- By submission of an application and entering into this contest, each contestant represents and warrants his or her compliance with these rules and regulations. No contestant will be permitted to audition or participate unless he or she has acknowledged and agreed to these rules and regulations.
- By entering, each contestant agrees that ILRAJ and their successors have the right to use their names, likenesses, and images of all persons performing for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.
- Contestants may perform as a solo act, duets or group.
- Contestants MAY NOT utilize live props, back-up singers, dancers or animals. Non-human props such as costumes and other accessories are permitted. Contestants may accompany themselves or have one accompaniment of a live musical instrument.
- Contestants must supply their own background tracks. For contestants, background music must be clear of lead vocal singers, only musical band instruments are acceptable.
- Contestants are not permitted to leave the stage or stage area during their performance. This includes singing or dancing within the audience.
- No changes in song choice may be made once the contestant has delivered their submission.
- For the sake of the other contestants and keeping the flow of the contest in order, please be available to perform one hour prior to your performance time. If not, you could forfeit your turn and possibly be disqualified. Also, when entering and exiting the stage, please be prompt.
- Songs containing vulgar or explicit sexual lyrics will not be allowed. Contestants who during their performance, use any obscene, offensive, sexual or otherwise inappropriate behavior or gestures, including without limitation those referencing or depicting violence, nudity or explicit activity or which are not in the spirit of the contest or do not meet the ILRAJ standards for any reason, as determined by ILRAJ will be disqualified from the competition.
- Contestants and/or their family or associates are not allowed to have contact with any contest judge before or during the competition.
- Contestants and/or their family or associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the competition may result in the disqualification of the contestant from
further competition. Offensive behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad manners and lack of decorum.
- The order in which each contestant competes in the finals shall be determined by a random drawing. If chosen as one of the finalists, you may submit a new song choice. Contestants, therefore, must be prepared in case they are chosen as a finalist. The same rules and regulations that apply in the auditions will apply in the finals.
- In the event there is a tie, the persons/ teams will compete for the award against each other. The contestants will each sing a song again. It is ONLY at this time that contestants may sing one of the same songs again or may repeat a song.
- There may be a number of elimination rounds. The panel of judges of will shortlist the top 20 participants in the 1st round. A television station will showcase the top 20, their pictures, bio data and clips for people/public to vote for their favourite participants who will proceed to the next round.
- Final top 10 will be announced after that period. On The day of the award, the top 10 finalists will sing for the dinner audience and the panel of judges will decide who the top two are.
A 100-point system is used:
- Originality/Creativity – Have I seen this before? Is it original in content? 1-10 points
- Vocal Range – Is there wide range of vocals? Does the voice crack? Monotone? 1-15 points.
- Vocal Quality – Does the style of the song match the voice? 1-15 points
- Subtext – Is the singer connected mind, emotions and tell a story? 1-15 points.
- Audience Response – Positive response from audience? 1-10 points.
- Stage Performance – Make effective use of stage? Has visual appeal in addition to audience appeal? 1-15 points.
- Overall Performance – Could an average person perform this act? Did the singer remember the lyrics? Does singer have self-confidence? 1-20 points.
All decisions and interpretation regarding the contest, its rules, and the selection of the winner remain with the judges, ILRAJ, its agents, and representatives and are final.
The odds of winning will depend on the number of contestants and the quality of the contestant’s
- Grand prize winner will receive Le 10,000,000 (Ten Million Leones)
- Second place winner will receive Le 5,000,000 (Five Million Leones)
- Winners must be present to receive award.
In consideration of my application being accepted, I legally bind myself, my heirs, and executors to waive, release and forever discharge any and all rights and claims for damages which I may have or hereafter accrue against any of the organizers, beneficiaries or sponsors of this event, its officers, agents, representatives and successors for any and all damages or injury to me or my equipment before or during, after or in any way related to ILRAJ.